By tpm | September 17, 2010
The table feature allows you to quickly scroll the an x vs. y chart on your TI-Nspire. This can be useful as early as first year algebra for students that are just learning to graph. It’s even more helpful to calculus students using their calculator to help find a limit. The end of the video demonstrates a quick method for using the table’s “ask” feature to help find a limit.
You may find a couple of frustrations with tables on the Nspire. The first one is that adjusting column width can be a bit of a pain. That was even a problem in shooting this video. The other problem is more easily solved. If you are trying to switch between the table and the graph, you need to press CONTROL + TAB. That’s also the way to hide the table, since you have to be in graph mode to turn the table off. Switch to the table, go to the menu, and select “Hide table.”
- Video lesson: Finding the intersection of two graphs on the TI-Nspire
- Video lesson: Solving polynomial equations on the TI-Nspire
- Video lesson: Solving polynomial equations on the TI-84
- Video lesson: Basic graphing features of the TI-Nspire
- Video lesson: Imaginary and complex numbers on the TI-Nspire