Texas Instruments just launched a new contest that’s definitely worth taking a look at if you are a middle school or high school teacher. You’ll need to put together a team of 5 students and a teacher sponsor to work together to solve a series of puzzles, riddles and brainteasers that have been posted to the contest website. The contest is a partnership with NASA, and if you attempt the challenge, you’ll quickly find that the puzzles are all space themed. Here’s the video introducing the contest.
There are some great prizes involved with this contest too. Prizes for the top team include the following:
- TI-84 Plus CE graphing calculators for each team member
- $500 Amazon gift card
- Passes to choice of NASA visitor center
- A video chat with a NASA subject matter expert
The contest runs through May 31, 2017.
- MATHCOUNTS Announces Reel Math Challenge
- Win a Classroom Set of TI-Nspire CX’s with a Selfie
- NASA and Texas Instruments Team Up for STEM Education